Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's official

Well, after much prodding and prompting, my husband (who has been blogging for over a year now) has finally convinced me to create a blog of my own. Will it be my platform for discussing world issues and literature? I don't know. Will I have a readership outside my family and group of friends? I don't think so. So why, you might ask, am I creating a blog? As a quick and easy way to share big and small moments from the lives of Melissa and Jim Anderson with those who would care to "hear" about them.

On August 20th, 2004 Jim and I were wed in a very small, private ceremony to which we invited only our parents and siblings. Almost two weeks ago, we celebrated our first anniversary by saying "I do" all over again in a much larger ceremony to which we invited (what seems like) everyone we know. Shortly thereafter we winged our way to Washington, D.C. for the nerdiest honeymoon in the history of all honeymoons. Our week of fun included visiting tons of museums, checking out government buildings, even attending and participating in a panel discussion on Biotechnology held by Reason Magazine.

Honeymoon now over and regular life resumed, I thought it would be a good idea to share some photos with everyone. Some are from the day of our "re-wedding" and some are from the honeymoon.

Enjoy!

No comments: